clavis supports Ruhr Oel in turnaround
by Claudia Leiders
At regular intervals the refinery plants of Ruhr Oel GmbH in Gelsenkirchen are inspected and accepted by the TÜV. In the course of such a turnaround, the entire plant is shut down in order to carry out necessary inspection, maintenance and repair measures.
For several years clavis has been developing tools for the creation of risk assessments as SAP Add-On in the module Maintenance (EAM). With the further development of mobile work clearance procedures and work approvals as well as the inclusion of mobile laboratory analyses the processes of Ruhr Oel could be made faster and safer.
Within the scope of the major turnaround in autumn 2020 clavis was assigned with the support of the Control of Work (CoW) cockpit and supports the workers, despite the current corona pandemic, both directly on site and remote. Besides the cockpit in SAP this includes a web tool for the partner companies so that the maintenance of the risk assessments is guaranteed on the side of the company as well as on the side of the external service providers (so-called contractors).
clavis ensures the smooth flow of the permitting process in SAP and the web tool. This includes
- the creation of new partner companies and users in the webtool,
- the allocation of plants, operating areas and roles in SAP, which are necessary for the feedback of the panes, and
- Ensuring the functionality and error-free operation of the tool and the various transactions by the employees
Communication is done by e-mail, telephone, MS teams or in person directly at the workers' premises, so that there are no delays in the process.
Several times a day, the employees are provided with various evaluations from the SAP system in information systems for quick access. These include
- Statistics, status and degree of processing of releases (up to an overview of current releases with detailed data),
- comprehensive overviews of the laboratory analysis results for operation, equipment, functional location, measuring points with measured values and
- additionally the new open requirements already made.
The operating personnel are thus provided with detailed information on possible problems in shutdown operation at any time, so that measures can be derived immediately.
For the setting of the approx. 3000 blanking plates, very simple overviews are additionally created, which show all involved roughly and in detail the current status of each individual and also multiple used blanking plate or per system, equipment. Detailed data such as size, diameter, thickness, use in different lists like e.g. system limit and or equipment plan, installation status and many more data are included.
Read more about the use of clavis solutions at Ruhr Oel: Intelligent solutions for occupational safety and personnel scheduling as well as WCM - Work Clearence Management for the process of mechanical insulation